What You Can Do
||Support Sea Shepherd's 5th Antarctic Whale Defense Campaign: Operation Musashi! more information
TAKE ACTION - WRITE NOW!
Please take a moment to voice your opinion about the killing of whales. Start and/or continue your letter-writing campaign. It is important that you write often to remind those in a position of power that the killing of whales is not acceptable in the 21st Century.
photos credit Marc Votier
- Write legibly. Handwritten letters are good/effective, but they must be readable.
- Include a return address at the top of your letter.
- The first sentence of your letter should state exactly what you want.
- If you are within the politician's constituency area, mention this.
- Keep the focus of your letter on one issue (stopping the killing of whales).
- If you can, personalize the letter to show the depth of your concern.
- Be courteous, but to the point.
- Be clear, stating exactly what is wanted from the politician.
- Ask for a written response that states their position on the issue.
- Add a thank-you for his/her time and/or efforts on the issue.
- Keep the letter to one page.
- Letters sent by snail mail are the most effective as politicians are inundated with e-mails, but feel free to contact them by whatever method you can
Whale Killing Countries:
Danish Faeroe Islands
High Commissioner of the Faeroe Islands
Ms. Birgit Kleis
PO Box 12
Prime Minister of Denmark
Kaj Leo Johanneseen
Prins Jørgens Gård 11
1218 Copenhagen K
Tel: +45 33 92 33 00
Fax +45 33 11 16 65
Read about Australia's important position in the fight to stop Japan from whaling
Here is a sample letter to send to government officials of Japan:
Word DOC Plain Text
Prime Minister Naoto Kan
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8968 JAPAN
E-mail form: https://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/forms/comment_ssl.html
Public Relations Fax: +81-3-3581-3883
Minister of Fisheries
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8907 JAPAN
E-mail form: click here
Prime Minister of Iceland
Icelandic Ministry of Fisheries
Minister of Fisheries
Prime Minister of Norway
The Office of the Prime Minister
P.O.Box 8001 Dep
Norwegian Ministry of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs
Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs
P.O. Box 8118 Dep
Prime Minister of St. Lucia
Hon. Stephenson King
5th Floor, Greaham Louisy Administrative Building
Saint Lucia, West Indies
Tel: +758-468-2111 or +758-468-2101
Department of Fisheries
Hon. Ezechiel Joseph
Ministry of Agriculture, Lands, Fisheries and Forestry
Stanislaus James Building, Castries
Tel: +758-468-4135 or +758-450-2078
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com